Call for post-doctoral research positions at the Warsaw Center of Mathematics and Computer Science.
Warsaw Center of Mathematics and Computer Science (WCMCS) is a joint project of two scientific units: the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics of the University of Warsaw (MIMUW), and the Institute of Mathematics of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IMPAN). The Center is built on the long-standing cooperation between the two units, in both teaching and research. The Center was designated as a Leading National Research Center (Krajowy Naukowy Osrodek Wiodacy, KNOW) by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education in July 2012. The award comes with a substantial grant which will provide financing of the Center for the next five years. The grant will be used for enhancing the research potential of both participating institutions; this includes financing post-doctoral positions.
The post-doctoral research positions at the WCMCS are aimed at young researchers who have just received their PhD. Successful candidates will be employed as an adiunkt (assistant professor) at one of the following institutions, as indicated in the candidates application:
* the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics at the University of Warsaw, http://www.mimuw.edu.pl; or
* the Warsaw branch of the Mathematical Institute of the Polish Academy of Sciences, http://www.impan.pl
The positions are for 6-12 months, with a possible extension to at most 18 months, altogether. The salary will be 7000 PLN per month, before taxes. In addition, the holder of the position will be eligible for financial support to participate in scientific meetings.
The position comes with a teaching load of up to 60 hours per semester. At least 3/4 of the positions duration should be between October 1 and June 30.
The applicant should have defended their PhD not earlier than 4 years before the planned beginning of the position. This period can be prolonged by the parental leave.
The candidate applying for a post-doc position at the WCMCS should submit the following documents:
* a cover letter of application addressed to the Board of WCMCS, indicating the institution (MIMUW or IMPAN) and the period of his/her employment,
* a CV including a list of publications, and copies of 5 best papers, at most,
* a document that confirms holding the PhD Degree or information about the expected date of obtaining such a degree,
* a research plan including a collaboration scheme with researchers from MIMUW or IMPAN.
All documents should be sent as pdf files to the following e-mail address: email@example.com In addition, the applicant should ask at most two senior researchers to send their letters of support to the same e-mail address. The deadline for application is December 10, 2012.
A successful candidate can take his or her job immediately after the announcement of the results of the selection and not later than 8 months after that moment. If the candidate has no PhD degree while submitting, before starting the work he or she should present a document that confirms holding the degree.
More information about WCMCS at http://www.wcmcs.edu.pl