August 29th-September 2nd, 2022
We are pleased to announce that the registration for the ESTC2022 is now open! (See below for the relevant deadlines.) Various forms of financial support for young researchers are available. It is also possible to submit a title and abstract for a contributed talk; submissions will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee, and a decision will be communicated 2-3 months before the conference. Please visit our website or contact us through this form for more information.
The conference will be held in person, we are confident that at the end of the summer the pandemic situation will be under control. It will be nice to meet in person again, after these challenging years. Also, it is a very good season to visit Turin, a beautiful city in northern Italy, while attending one of the most exciting conferences in set theory!
If you are interested, please register as soon as possible, and do not forget to submit your title and abstract if you want to contribute with a short talk. We also kindly ask you to share this announcement with all people who might be interested in the event.
30/04/2022: Abstract submission for contributed talks
30/06/2022: Early registration with reduced fee
MORE ON THE CONFERENCE:
The European Set Theory Conferences is a series of biannual meetings coordinated by the European Set Theory Society (ESTS). This year’s edition is organized by the Department of Mathematics of the University of Turin and ESTS, in partnership with the Clay Mathematics Institute. It is the most important conference in set theory, and gathers the worldwide leaders in the field as well as many young researchers. During the event, the prestigious Hausdorff medal will be awarded for the most influential work in set theory published in the preceding five years. There will also be a special session in honor of Boban Veličković’s 60th birthday.
– Jeffrey Bergfalk (University of Vienna)
– Filippo Calderoni (University of Illinois Chicago)
– Natasha Dobrinen (University of Denver)
– Osvaldo Guzmán (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México)
– Joel Hamkins (University of Notre Dame)
– Chris Lambie-Hanson (Czech Academy of Sciences)
– Martino Lupini (Victoria University of Wellington)
– Julien Melleray (Université de Lyon)
– Andrew Marks (University of California, Los Angeles)
– Sandra Müller (TU Wien)
– Saharon Shelah (Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
– Stevo Todorčević (University of Toronto and Centre national de la recherche scientifique)
– Jouko Väänänen (University of Helsinki)
– Zoltán Vidnyánsky (California Institute of Technology)
– Trevor Wilson (Miami University, Oxford Ohio)
– Yair Hayut (Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
– Grigor Sargsyan (Polish Academy of Sciences)
BobanVeličković’s 60th Birthday Celebration
– Laura Fontanella (Université Paris-Est Créteil)
– Rahman Mohammadpour (TU Wien)
– Giorgio Venturi (University of Campinas)
– Matteo Viale (University of Turin)
Joan Bagaria (chair), Matthew Foreman, Moti Gitik, Péter Komjáth, Piotr Koszmider, Heike Mildenberger, Luca Motto Ros, John Steel
Local organizing committee
Alessandro Andretta, Raphaël Carroy, Luca Motto Ros, Gianluca Paolini, Francesco Parente, Salvatore Scamperti, Matteo Viale